Clare Hall - a perfect mix of history meets modern day.
Clare Hall sits in tranquil surroundings on Herschel Road, a leafy residential road to the west of Cambridge. The College is quiet and peaceful, but only a 10 minute walk away from the historic city centre.
We offer modern accommodation with a selection of single and double rooms and some self-contained flats in 1960s influenced architecture. A large common room/lounge is available for guests to use, where you can sit and enjoy a drink. Our buildings are in a pretty garden setting with traditional, period and listed buildings as neighbours. A perfect mix of history meets modern day, making this an ideal place to stay.
I had a very pleasant stay at Clare Hall and received a lot of help from the porter who manned the front desk. The room was clean, well-lit, and an ideal place for the purpose of my stay. I was also pleased to meet so many graduate students and Visiting Fellows during my time with you. Thank you for a wonderful Cambridge experience
Assistant Professor, Department of History, College of Wooster, USA
I would like to formally thank the College and especially the accounts staff, housekeeping, the kitchens and dining hall staff (for wonderful guest night food and service) and the Porters for helping to make my stay so enjoyable. I am very familiar with Oxford and Cambridge colleges from my time as a student and later as an academic. I can say hand on heart, that I have never visited a college which is as friendly as Clare Hall. I hope to see you all again in the future.
Professor Warren Swain MA, BCL, D.Phil (Oxon.), Faculty of Law - University of Auckland
Accommodation Enquiry Form
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms. Guests are issued with a ticket at the Porters’ Lodge on arrival
- There is a laundry on site for guests to use
- Cooking facilities are available in some rooms and flats
- Clare Hall dining cards are available for purchase from the Porters' Lodge
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available in every room. There is also a drinks vending machine in the common room and there are pubs, restaurants and bars nearby
- The Sidgwick Site on Sidgwick Avenue is part of the University complex and has cafes and a buttery/coffee bar which is open during term-time in the day to members of the public and is 5 minutes walk from Clare Hall
- Our Fellows’ Gardens are available for quiet relaxation. Picnics may also be enjoyed in the West Court Gardens
- Check in is at the Porters' Lodge from 2.00 pm to 11.00 pm
- Check out is by 10.00am
Please read our Terms and Conditions for short stays at Clare Hall before proceeding with your enquiry.
Please note: the City 4 bus from Cambridge railway station will bring you to Herschel Road in approx 30 minutes or taxi services are available.
Accommodation Enquiry Form
All enquiries are processed in standard working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). Once received we will aim to process your request within 24 hours. If your enquiry is urgent and you require assistance outside standard working hours, please contact the Porters' Lodge
Please note: This form is not confirmation that a booking has been made.