Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are unable to accept new guestroom or residential accommodation bookings.
The College anticipates we will not be able to begin receiving new guests until 1 September 2020 at the earliest. In the event of restrictions being lifted, we will update the website accordingly.
Clare Hall - a perfect mix of history meets modern day.
Clare Hall sits in tranquil surroundings on Herschel Road, a leafy residential road to the west of Cambridge. The College is quiet and peaceful, but only a 10 minute walk away from the historic city centre.
We offer modern accommodation with a selection of single and double rooms and some self-contained flats in 1960s influenced architecture. A large common room/lounge is available for guests to use, where you can sit and enjoy a drink. Our buildings are in a pretty garden setting with traditional, period and listed buildings as neighbours. A perfect mix of history meets modern day, making this an ideal place to stay.
Accommodation Enquiry Form
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms. Guests are issued with a ticket at the Porters' Lodge on arrival
- There is a laundry on-site for guests to use
- Cooking facilities are available in some rooms and flats
- Clare Hall dining cards are available for purchase from the Porters' Lodge
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available in every room. There is also a drinks vending machine in the common room and there are pubs, restaurants and bars nearby
- The Sidgwick Site on Sidgwick Avenue is part of the University complex and has cafes and a buttery/coffee bar which is open during term-time in the day to members of the public and is 5 minutes walk from Clare Hall
- Our Fellows' Gardens are available for quiet relaxation. Picnics may also be enjoyed in the West Court Gardens
- Check-in is at the Porters' Lodge from 2.00 pm to 11.00 pm
- Check out is by 10.00 am
Please read our Terms and Conditions for short stays at Clare Hall before proceeding with your enquiry.
Please also confirm that you have read our Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Visitors Policy by ticking the relevant box in the form below.
Please note: the City 4 bus from Cambridge railway station will bring you to Herschel Road in approx 30 minutes or taxi services are available.
Accommodation Enquiry Form
All enquiries are processed in standard working hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am-5 pm). Once received, we will aim to process your request within 24 hours. If your enquiry is urgent and you require assistance outside standard working hours, please contact the Porters' Lodge
Please note: This form is not confirmation that a booking has been made.