Susan Coales (pen name: Sue Heaser)
Susan Coales is an author, illustrator and teacher with a lifelong interest in the jewellery arts.
Her career began in Archaeology – working as a Finds Assistant for the Museum of London and then as an illustrator for English Heritage, drawing ancient jewellery from all over Britain. She is accomplished in a wide variety jewellery-making techniques such as silversmithing, enameling and lampwork, as well as metal clay and polymer clay. Her project and technique books have been published all over the world and in many languages. Sue is currently researching the Anglo-Saxon beads of Britain and lectures on the subject at museums and universities.
- Metal Clay for Jewelry Makers: The Complete Technique Guide, Sue Heaser, Interweave (2012)
- How to Make Silver Charms from Metal Clay, Sue Heaser, Barrons Educational Series (2013)
- Miniature Projects with Polymer Clay, Sue Heaser, Farthings Publishing (2014)
- A Slice of the Action – the millefiori mosaic beads of Anglo-Saxon Britain, Sue Heaser, Bead Society of Great Britain Journal 137 (2021)
- Early Anglo-Saxon Glass Beadmaking in Britain, Sue Heaser, Ornament Magazine Vol 42 No.1 (2021)
- ResearchGate profile
- Professional website
- Lecture for the Society of Antiquaries on recent work, March 2022