Professor Davide Cadeddu
Davide Cadeddu is a Professor of History of Political Theory at the University of Milan.
Davide Cadeddu, PhD, FRHistS, is Professor of History of Political Theory at the University of Milan. He teaches Elements of Historiography and History of Political Communication (Modern and Contemporary Era). Member of the Doctoral School in Historical Studies at the University of Milan, he is Executive Editor of “Glocalism: Journal of Culture, Politics and Innovation” and Scientific Coordinator of the association “Globus et Locus” (Italy). He is also member of the Editorial Board of the journals “Il pensiero politico”, “Scienza & Politica”, “Storia e Politica”, “Storia della storiografia – History of historiography” and editor of the series “Biblioteca di cultura politica europea” (Rubbettino, Italy) and “Filologia e politica” (Giappichelli, Italy).
Professor Cadeddu is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, a Life Member and Associate (Senior Member) of Clare Hall, University of Cambridge, and an Antonian and Liaison Officer for Italy of St Antony’s College, University of Oxford. He is also a member of the International Commission for the History and Theory of Historiography, the European Society for the History of Political Thought, the International Political Science Association, and the Associazione italiana degli storici delle dottrine politiche. He writes occasionally for some national newspapers and above all for “HuffPost” (Italian edition), where he has his own Blog. He is the Director of the Seminar on Classics of Political Thought at Giangiacomo Feltrinelli Foundation, Milan, and the Convener of The Betty Behrens Seminar on Classics of Historiography at Clare Hall, Cambridge.
He mainly deals with the history of twentieth-century political theory, focusing on federalism, elitism and the relationship between culture and politics.
- “Julien Benda’s political Europe and the treason of intellectuals”, in History of European Ideas, published online 16 September 2022
- Towards and Beyond the Italian Republic: Adriano Olivetti’s Vision of Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2021)
- “John Dunn and the History of Political Theory”, in History of European Ideas, Vol. 47, Issue 1 (2021)
- (ed.) A Companion to Antonio Gramsci: Essays on History and Theories of History, Politics and Historiography (Brill, 2020)
- Reimagining Democracy: On the Political Project of Adriano Olivetti (Springer, 2012)
- Personal website: https://davidecadeddu.eu
- Profile page on the University of Milan’s website: http://www.studistorici.unimi.it/ecm/home/docenti/davide-cadeddu