Professor Khaled Soufani
Professor Soufani holds a Masters in Applied Economics and a PhD in Financial Economics. He is Management Practice Professor of Financial Economics and Policy, and a member of the Economics and Policy group at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School.
Professor Soufani has published extensively in economics and finance in areas relating to financial management, corporate restructuring, M&A, private equity, venture capital and family business and the financial and economic affairs of small to medium-sized enterprises. His research also includes work on economic growth and innovation relating to the circular economy and fast-growing markets and economies.
Widely cited and included in policy reports by organisations such as the EU, OECD and the Institute of Directors, Professor Soufani’s work has also been cited and published by the World Economic Forum. He sits on the editorial boards of a number of international academic journals.
Before joining academia, Professor Soufani worked in investment banking in the area of bond and money market trading. He has been the academic programme director for many Executive Education programmes, for major companies and financial institutions, as well as government organisations.
Professor Soufani was an Associate Professor of Finance at Concordia University in Canada until April 2013.
- Soufani, K. and Loch, C. (2021) Circular supply chains are more sustainable. Why are they so rare? Harvard Business Review, 15 June 2021
- Aboulamer, A., Soufani, K. and Esposito, M. (2020) Financing the circular economic model. Thunderbird International Business Review, 62(6): 641-646 (DOI: 10.1002/tie.22123)
- Geissdoerfer, M., Pieroni, M.P.P., Pigosso, D.C.A. and Soufani, K. (2020) Circular business models: a review. Journal of Cleaner Production, 277: 123741 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123741)
- Esposito, M., Tse, T. and Soufani, K. (2018) Introducing a circular economy: new thinking with new managerial and policy implications. California Management Review, 60(3): 5-19 (DOI: 10.1177/0008125618764691)
- Esposito, M., Tse, T. and Soufani, K. (2017) Is the circular economy a new fast-expanding market? Thunderbird International Business Review, 59(1): 9-14 (DOI: 10.1002/tie.21764)
- Esposito, M., Tse, T., Soufani, K. and Xiong, L. (2017) Feeding the future of agriculture with vertical farming. Stanford Social Innovation Review, 27 December 2017
- Sandra Dawson Research Impact Award, 2020
- Cambridge Judge Business School Faculty Activity Award, 2019
- Cambridge Judge Business School Research Award, 2018
- Cambridge Judge Business School Teaching Award, 2013
- Thirst for Knowledge Best Teacher of the Year Award, Aalto EE (Helsinki, Finland), 2012
- Distinguished Researcher Award with an honourable mention, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University (Montreal, Canada), 2003