Dr Arad Lang
Dr Arad Lang is a postdoctoral research associate at the hybrid materials group, led by Prof. Thomas D. Bennett, in the Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy.
Arad Lang completed his double B.Sc. degree (materials science and engineering and chemistry) in 2017 at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. He then joined the Bio-Inspired Surface Engineering and Biomineralization Lab led by Prof. Boaz Pokroy as an M.Sc. student, and later continued in the same lab as a Ph.D. candidate. His Ph.D. thesis was titled “Tuning the Physical Properties of Synthetic Crystals using the Incorporation of Organic Molecules”.
In 2023, Arad received the Blavatnik Cambridge Postdoctoral Fellowships, provided by the Blavatnik Family Foundation and the British Council in Israel. Currently, He is a postdoctoral research associate at the hybrid materials group, led by Prof. Thomas D. Bennett, in the Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy.
- Lang A., et al., Effect of Nucleotides on the Phase and Crystal Structure of Synthetic Calcium Carbonate. Cryst. Growth. Des. 23, 5117–5125 (2023).
- Lang A., et al., Tuning the Magnetization of Manganese (II) Carbonate by Intracrystalline Amino Acids. Adv. Mater. 2201652 (2022).
- Lang A., et al., Excessive Increase in the Optical Band Gap of Near Infra-Red Semiconductor Lead (II) Sulfide via the Incorporation of Amino Acids. Adv. Opt. Mater. 2200203 (2022).
- Lang A., et al. Bioinspired Molecular Bridging in a Hybrid Perovskite Leads to Enhanced Stability and Tunable Properties. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2005136 (2020).
- Lang, A. et al. Acidic Monosaccharides become Incorporated into Calcite Single Crystals. Chem. – A Eur. J. 26, 16860–16868 (2020).
- Blavatnik Postdoctoral Cambridge Fellowship.
- Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute (RBNI) scholarship for excellence in nanoscience and nanotechnology (2021).
- Scholarship for research in the energy field, the Israeli Ministry of Energy (2021).
- Jacobs Award for an excellent publication.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.il/citations?user=MA6OaOAAAAAJ&hl=en