Professor Li Su
Professor Li Su is the head of the Artificial Intelligence and Computational Neuroscience Group, and has a joint appointment as Principal Research Fellow (equivalent to Professor Grade 11) in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge and Professor of Neuroimaging in the Department of Neuroscience in University of Sheffield.
Spanning over two universities, he leads a multi-disciplinary research group with members from Neuroscience, Psychology, Medical, Mathematics and Computer Science backgrounds. His research aims to combine innovative and original computational methods with the state-of-the-art brain imaging techniques (MEG/EEG, 7T MRI and PET) in understanding, detecting and developing treatments for neurological and psychiatric conditions. He is a Specialist Committee Member at National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), an Associate Editor for Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience and a member of Alzheimer’s Society’s Research Strategy Council.
Professor Su has published several high impact papers, many of which have been widely cited and made a real impact on the field. Professor Su has been awarded several grants and fellowships including a prestigious Senior Fellowship from Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Relationship between tau, neuroinflammation and atrophy in Alzheimer’s disease: the NIMROD study. Su L, Surendranathan A, Huang Y, Bevan-Jones WR, Passamonti L, Hong YT, Arnold R, Vázquez Rodríguez P, Wang Y, Mak E, Fryer TD, Aigbirhio F, Rowe JB, O’Brien JT, Information Fusion, 67: 116-124. (2021)
- Microglial activation and tau burden predict cognitive decline in Alzheimer’s Disease, Malpetti M, Kievit RA, Passamonti L, Jones PS, Tsvetanov KA, Rittman T, Mak E, Nicastro N, Bevan-Jones WR, Su L, Hong YT, Fryer TD, Aigbirhio FI, O’Brien JT and Rowe JB, Brain, 143(5):1588-1602. (2020)
- Autosomal Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer Disease: Analysis of genetic subgroups by Machine Learning, Castillo-Barnes D, Su L, Ramrez J, Salas-Gonzalez D, Martinez-Murcia FJ, Illan IA, Segovia F, Ortiz A, Cruchaga C, Farlow MR, Xiong C, Graff-Radford NR, Schofield PR, Masters CL, Salloway S, Jucker M, Mori H, Levin J, Gorriz JM, Information Fusion, 58: 153-167. (2020)
- Early Microglial Activation and Peripheral Inflammation in Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Surendranathan A, Su L, Mak E, Passamonti L, Hong YT, Arnold R, Vázquez Rodríguez P, Bevan-Jones WR, Brain SAE, Fryer TD, Aigbirhio FI, Rowe JB, O’Brien JT , Brain, 141(12): 3415-3427. (2018)
- Cerebral small vessel disease in middle age and genetic predisposition to late-onset Alzheimer’s Disease, Stefaniak JD, Su L, Mak E, Bahaei NS, Wells K, Ritchie K, Waldman A, Ritchie CW, O’Brien JT, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, 14(2): 253-258. (2018)
- The midlife cognitive profiles of adults at high risk of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease: The PREVENT study, Ritchie K, Carriere K, Su L, O’Brien JT, Lovestone S, Wells K, Richie CW, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, 13(10): 1089-1097. (2017)
- [18F]AV-1451 Positron Emission Tomography in Alzheimer’s Disease and Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Passamonti L, Vázquez Rodríguez P, Hong YT, Allinson KSJ, Williamson D, Borchert RJ, Sami S, Bevan-Jones WR, Jones SP, Arnold R, Surendranathan A, Mak E, Su L, Fryer TD, Aigbirhio FI, O’Brien JT, Rowe JB , Brain, 140(3): 781-791. (2017)
- Baseline and longitudinal grey matter changes in newly diagnosed Parkinson’s disease: ICICLE-PD study, Mak E, Su L, Williams GB, Firbank MJ, Lawson RA, Yarnall AJ, Duncan GW, Owen AM, Khoo TK, Brooks DJ, Rowe JB, Barker R, Burn DJ, O’Brien JT, Brain, 138(10): 2974-86. (2015)
- 2017, Alzheimer’s Research UK Senior Research Fellowship
- 2016, International Psychogeriatric Association Junior Research Awards in Psychogeriatrics
- 2015, International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology Junior Investigator Award